MLA Style Research Paper
MLA Style Research Paper
Do you have to format your research paper in MLA style? Do you not know the main rules of MLA research paper format? Then read the guidelines given below and follow the instructions given.
First you should know about MLA research paper format is that the rules of citing and making references according to this style are adopted by the Modern Language Association.
There are lots of requirements you should stick to when writing your MLAstyle research paper, and all of them can be found in the Manual for writing a research paper in MLA style or on the website: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/557/01/
However, if you do not want to waste much time reading a lot of web pages online or in the manual, we are glad to present you several the most important requirements that you should stick to while writing your MLA style research paper. Moreover, you may order professional service at our site and get a custom written research paper without any efforts. If you need help with topics for research paper , surf our blog for free advices and tips on writing
- Type your MLA style research paper on a white 8.5×11 inch paper;
- Use a legible font like Times New Roman or Arial for your MLA style research paper;
- Single space throughout the text of your paper;
- Indent one inch margins on all sides;
- Bold type or use italics for the headings of your MLA style research paper. Center them;
- You may also use italics or bold type in case you want to accent a certain idea;
- Place the page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the page starting with the title page of your MLA style research paper;
- If you want to include a certain quotation into our MLA style research paper, enclose the titles of the sources used as well;
- Arrange the bibliography in an alphabetic order by the names of authors. The bibliography list in the MLAstyle research paper is usually called ‘Works Cited’;
- Place your Works Cited on a separate page at the end of your MLA style research paper.
There are also certain rules of formatting the title page of MLA style research paper:
- Double space all lines of your title page;
- Give the following information:
- Your name;
- The course name and its number;
- Your supervisor’s name.
- Center the title of your paper;
- Place the date of submission 1 inch from the bottom of the page;
- Do not use the font larger than 18 point.
Remember, you grade depends much on the format mistakes, so, check your paper several times before you hand it in.